The 2018 All-Crossroads Basketball team features a balance of talent from all fi*e schools in the coverage area on both the boys and girls teams.
Nominations were taken from the head coaches of the area schools and the teams were selected by the Winona Times/Carroll Conservative sports staff.
Several teams had strong runs this year including the Montgomery County boys and Winona Christian School girls.
All five area schools were represented on the first team. Making the squad, in alphabetical order, were: Malik Branch of J.Z. George, Reese Fulton of Carroll Academy, Decoreyan Small of Montgomery County, Ta*ares Townsend of Winona High School, and Austin Huggins of Winona Christian School.
The second team consists of Shaw Ferguson of Winona Christian, Robert McMath of Winona, Sean Merritt of Winona, Logan Taylor of Carroll Academy, Deaterrious Williams of Montgomery County, and Katazion Winfrey of Montgomery County.
A player-by-player breakdown of the team is as follows:
* MALIK BRANCH, J.Z. George: The 5-foot-10 sophomore shooting guard averages 13 points a game for the Jaguars.
* REESE FULTON, Carroll Academy: The 6-foot-4 sophomore center averaged a double-double for the Rebels, scoring 17.2 points per game and pulling down 13.4 rebounds a contest.
* DECOREYAN SMALL, Montgomery County: The 6-foot senior point guard led the area in scoring, pumping in 24.7 points per game: He was named 5-1A Player of the Year, helping the Hornets reach the MHSAA Class 1A quarterfinals with a 21-10 record.
* TA*ARES TOWNSEND, Winona: The 5-foot-11 senior guard scored 10.3 points per game for the young Tigers.
* AUSTIN HUGGINS, Winona Christian: The 6-foot-3 senior small forward scored 10 points per game, and pulled down seVen rebounds and blocked two shots per contest.
* SHAW FERGUSON, Winona Christian: Ferguson, a 5-foot-9 senior point guard, scored eight points a contest, while delivering four assists and coming up with three steals a contest.
* ROBERT MCMATH, Winona: Just a freshman, the 5-foot-9 guard scored 7.6 points per game.
* SEAN MERRITT, Winona: The 6-foot-5 freshman center scored seven points a game and pulled down 5.6 rebounds a contest.
* LOGAN TAYLOR, Carroll Academy: The 5-foot-9 sophomore point guard averaged eight points and four assists per contest.
* DEATERRIOUS WILLIAMS, Montgomery County: The 6-foot-1 junior forward scored 12.1 points per contest for the Hornets.
* KATAZION WINFREY, Montgomery County: The 6-foot-2 senior center was named all-region and scored 12.2 points per contest.
All fi*e area schools were also represented on the girls first team. Those chosen, in alphabetical order, were: Tommesha Brown of Winona, Tashanda Fleming of J.Z. George, Caroline Mumme of Carroll Academy, Anna Cole Ware of Winona Christian, and Tatyana Womack of Montgomery County.
Making the second team were: Tatyana Kenney of Montgomery County, Bianca Lane of Montgomery County, Belle Sanders of Carroll Academy, Sandy Rhea Tackett of Carroll Academy, Gracie Turner of Carroll Academy, and Natori Weathersby of Winona High School.
* TOMMESHA BROWN, Winona: The 5-foot-3 junior point guard pumped in 20 points a game, while coming up with 3.2 steals per contest.
* TASHANDA FLEMING, J.Z. George: The 5-foot-8 sophomore forward averaged 10 points and three steals contest for the Lady Jags.
* CAROLINE MUMME, Carroll Academy: The 5-foot-7 senior point guard was named M*P of the District and was also an MAIS All-Star. She was also named third team to the MAIS all-state team. She average 19 points, six rebounds, four assists and fi*e steals a contest for CA.
* ANNA COLE WARE, Winona Christian: The sharp-shooting senior guard was named all-district three consecutive season and this season was named All-North State and the team M*P. She scored 15 points a contest, while pulling down fi*e rebounds and dishing out four assists a contest. She shot 40 percent from behind the 3-point arc for the Lady Stars.
* TATYANA WOMACK, Montgomery County: The 5-foot-5 junior guard scored 9.1 points per game, while claiming six rebounds and 3.6 steals and dishing out 2.5 assists per contest.
* TATYANA KENNEY, Montgomery County: The 5-foot-5 senior guard scored 11.7 points per contest for the Lady Hornets.
* BIANCA LANE, Montgomery County: The 5-foot-6 junior forward scored 8.1 points and recorded 3.8 rebounds per contest.
* BELLE SANDERS, Carroll Academy: The 5-foot-5 junior was named to the all-district team. She scored seven points per game and averaged fi*e rebounds, three steals and two assists.
* SANDY RHEA TACKETT, Carroll Academy: The 5-foot-8 junior forward scored eight points and pulled down five rebounds per contest. She was named all-district.
* GRACIE TURNER, Carroll Academy: The 5-foot-9 sophomore scored seven points and pulled down nine rebounds a contest and was also named all-district.
* NATORI WEATHERSBY, Winona: The 5-foot-7 senior forward scored 6.5 points a contest, while claiming 8.2 rebounds a contest.