Guided tours and cruises designed specifically for families, like those offered by Tauck Bridges, allow families to tap all the benefits of traveling together - from seeing once-in-a-lifetime sights together to uninterrupted time together - without having to worry about the details. With everything taken care of, including hotels, sightseeing, on-tour transportation and entertainment, families are able to focus on the experience of being together in a new place - and simply enjoy each other's company.
Whether you'll be traveling with just your immediate family members, or vacationing with extended family in a larger group, the travel experts at Tauck have some advice for choosing the right tour:
* Look for a tour with destinations that will spark the passion and sense of wonder for every age within your group of traveling companions. A tour should offer sights and activities that are accessible for both the youngest and oldest members of your group.
* All-inclusive tours offer the best value and a stress-free experience. Tauck Bridges family tours handle every detail, from transportation arrangements and hotel accommodations, to booking attractions, sight-seeing tours and even gratuities. Not having to sweat the small stuff leaves families free to fully experience the joys of traveling together.
* Be sure your tour offers up-front pricing, with no hidden costs or surprises.
* Consider a tour that allows your family to meet and travel with other like-minded families. Sharing your travel experiences with other families can enhance the fun, and many Tauck Bridges families develop lifelong friendships after their tour together concludes.
Not sure where to go on your next family vacation? Consider these popular Tauck Bridges Family tours:
* Tanzania: A Grand Family Safari - This 11-day tour takes families from an African lodge at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro to the African bush where they rub elbows with Maasai warriors, all the way to the Serengeti, where they may spot an elephant, gazelles, wildebeests or even a big cat or two.
* Wonders of the Canadian Rockies - For seven days, families can immerse themselves in the sights and flavors of America's neighbor to the north. From visiting a glacier and an ancient canyon once covered by a long-vanished sea to whitewater rafting on the Athabasca River and moose- or elk-spotting along the Icefields Parkway, this trip has something for all ages.
* European tours - With so many Americans tracing their heritage to Europe, a trip across the pond virtually guarantees a chance to reconnect with roots while experiencing something new. Tours take in historic cities in Spain, Italy, Ireland and Switzerland, or convey guests on a cruise down the Danube. Tour lengths vary from seven to 10 days. For a full listing of tours, visit www.tauck.com.
* The Americas - North and Central America also offer adventures for families, and Tauck tours encompass some of the most interesting sites and exotic landscapes in the U.S. and Latin America, including Alaska, California and the Eastern seaboard from Philadelphia to Washington, D.C., and the Galapagos Islands, Peru and Costa Rica.
For more information on family travel, visit tauck.com.